ChatGPT is one of the most popular topics around the world currently. And unless you are living under a rock, you must have heard of it. In today’s tech-driven world, from social media to businesses, all sectors are hovering over it to implement in their professions and the hospitality industry isn’t left behind.
Fun Fact: ChatGPT has crossed 619 million users as of February 2023 and more than 25 million users visit their website daily!!
With increasing dependence on technology, ChatGPT is an innovative tool that hoteliers can use to improve their customer service and save costs. In this blog, we will discover the true potential of ChatGPT for hotels and explore how this innovative technology can transform hospitality businesses.
But first things first, let’s understand what exactly ChatGPT is.
Everything A Hotelier Must Know About ChatGPT
ChatGPT, or Generative Pre-trained Transformers, is basically an AI-based chatbot that uses its natural language processing feature to create human-like conversations.
Simply speaking, it is a computer program that can chat with you like a person. This tool uses artificial intelligence to understand what you’re saying and respond accordingly. It’s a chatbot, but smarter and more human-like.
ChatGPT can engage in real-time conversations with your guests, give a personalized experience, improve efficiency, provide recommendations, book reservations, and even process payments. It can also be used in various areas of a hotel’s operations, such as customer service, marketing, and operations too.
Benefits of Using ChatGPT
ChatGPT comes with several benefits that set it apart from other similar chatbots. Let’s discuss them in detail:
- Save Resources: By implementing ChatGPT in your hotel, you can save on resources by reducing the need for additional customer service staff. It can handle a large volume of customer inquiries, allowing your staff to focus on more complex tasks that require human intervention.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction: By providing 24/7 customer service, personalized recommendations, and timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries and amenities, this powerful software can enhance the customer experience and increase customer loyalty.
- Automated Responses: This AI-based tool can help automate common customer service inquiries, such as booking reservations and providing information about local attractions. By automating these tasks, ChatGPT can improve operational efficiency and reduce the workload.
- Ideas: With the ability to process large volumes of data and generate ideas based on customer interactions and preferences, ChatGPT can help hotels come up with fresh and innovative ideas for campaigns that can help set them apart from their competitors.
How Can Hotels Use ChatGPT?
Now, let’s cut to the chase, how can you being a hotelier use ChatGPT? Well here’s what I have found out—
The first and most basic way to use ChatGPT is as your chat widget. You can integrate it with a chatbot platform or use it as a website chat widget and train the ChatGPT model using your website’s FAQs or commonly asked questions about your property or its location.
This will help the tool understand and respond to user queries more accurately. You can further integrate it with the chatbot platform and set up the chat widget on your website. The chat widget will allow users to interact with ChatGPT and get their queries resolved in real-time with zero involvement.
Additionally, its natural language processing feature enables it to understand native languages and respond in the same, thus giving a seamless user experience.
No AI or software to date has come this close to excelling at marketing like ChatGPT has. Therefore it has become an indispensable tool for hotels to enhance their marketing efforts.
As a hotelier, ChatGPT can help you create online content for marketing purposes. Social media captions, property descriptions, ads, email campaigns— name it and ChatGPT will create unique content for your campaign.
ChatGPT also allows you to generate customised content for a specific target audience based on your marketing needs. Additionally, this AI-based tool even answers customer reviews on various platforms and creates images for your campaigns!
ChatGPT can also be your assistant in optimising your website content. It can help you write room descriptions, the amenities you are serving, taglines of your property, success stories, and a lot more.
This can not only improve your brand message but also ensure you have the same brand outlook on all your online platforms including your website, OTAs, and social media– resulting in a better customer experience and more conversions.
If you want to get inputs on website SEO, ChatGPT can give you basic suggestions on that. From searching for keywords to updating your page titles and description, this AI tool can be your friend.
It can help you improve your website ranking, list your property, and increase your overall SEO performance.
ChatGPT can suggest popular cuisines based on the location of your property and the target audience. You can ask questions such as “What are the most popular dishes for a seafood restaurant?” or “What are some popular vegetarian dishes?”
You can also use it to create descriptions for your dishes, that will help your guests understand what they are ordering. But you must remember while ChatGPT can provide some guidance and generate ideas, it’s important to have a human touch in creating the menu to ensure that it aligns with your hotel’s vision and goals.
As ChatGPT supports multiple languages, it can be used as a language translator for your hotel. If you create a list of commonly spoken languages at your hotel then you can determine which languages you need the AI to translate.
You can use ChatGPT to translate common phrases and sentences that are often used such as greetings, room service requests, and directions to nearby attractions.
Additionally, you can provide a list of key phrases in each language that your staff should be familiar with. This will help them communicate with guests who may not speak English or their native language fluently.
It can also be used to generate multilingual versions of hotel brochures, menus, and other marketing materials (if required).
How to Deploy ChatGPT?
With so many advantages, you must be thinking using ChatGPT must be rocket science! No, it isn’t. It is as easy as using any chatbot on a website.
Just visit the OpenAI website and create an account. Navigate to Try ChatGPT and type in your questions. You can also specify the content you are looking for like blog, social media captions, etc. edit the responses as per your need and you are good to go.
Just as every coin has two sides, ChatGPT also has some. Let’s check them out below:
- Lack of basic knowledge: While ChatGPT can generate coherent responses based on the input it receives, it does not have the basic sense that humans possess. This can result in responses that are technically correct but do not pass the right context of the conversation and often lack the human touch.
- Biased responses: Like any machine learning system, ChatGPT can be trained on biased data and may generate biased responses as a result. This is particularly problematic when it comes to sensitive topics such as race, gender, or politics.
If leveraged correctly, ChatGPT can be a powerful tool that can be used to perform various tasks in multiple languages and that too in very less time. However, it is important to be aware of its limitations and potential drawbacks when using it. In this blog, I have tried to cover everything in and around ChatGPT for hotels.
Have you explored ChatGPT or how you can use it for your property? Do let me know in the comment section!
Until next time, Happy Hoteliering!!